Thursday, September 27, 2012

So Thankful


So it's official - I am a stay at home mom and I couldn't be more thrilled, excited and thankful that I get to spend my everyday with my sweet little boy.


I mean let's be honest...who wouldn't want to hang out with this guy everyday??! 


I gave my notice to Fossil a few weeks back and my official last day in the corporate world was 9.24.2012.  It was definitely a bittersweet day and while I can say there is a part of me that will miss what I had been doing for the last 6 years - I wouldn't change my decision for anything in the world (even on the days where he get's up several times during the night, fights me every time I try to get him to nap, spits up all over me or worse - use your imagination:).  

These first few months have truly been a blessing and more rewarding than I could have imagined.  What I am most surprised by is how fast time is moving.  I can't believe how much he has changed since the first day we brought him home.  He is turning in to such a little man so fast I'm afraid if I blink I will miss something:)  This week we are working on rolling over and pushing up with our arms...he hates both of these things but we have his four month appointment coming up in a few weeks and mommy and daddy want to make the Doctor proud!  

I will say that before becoming a mom I really had no idea how busy life would become.  I kinda thought that babies slept all the time and more of my day would be filled with catching up on TV shows, shopping on line, etc. (obviously I was a bit naive.)  Contrary to what I THOUGHT it would be like - my days are VERY full.  Outside of my number 1 priority of taking care of Graham I also have been helping my dad with designing a barndominium, have taking up cooking (this is still a work in progress although my supportive husband would never admit that) and managing the Tappan family budget (insert evil laugh here HEHE.)

Something else that I am thankful for is that my parents live so close.  Since Jake travels with his work it's nice that I can pack up the boys (Elvis and Graham) and head over to Emme and Popi's house for the week.  I know they love it too - I think my mom goes into a bit of withdrawal if she goes more than a week without seeing her grand babies...Here are a few pics from our last trip out to their house when Jake was in Montana...


Emme playing airplane with Graham


Emme and Popi hanging out on the 
couch with the grandkids before bed



No comments:

Post a Comment