Friday, September 14, 2012

We're Not in Our 20's Anymore

Well let's face it I'm officially not a 20 something anymore and it feels...you guessed it absolutely no different.  I do feel every bit my age but then again my hate for exercising etc. could be a contributing factor - hopefully I get motivated soon...

So to back it up a bit Graham's initial due date was somewhere between June 19th and June 22 - the later being just 6 days before my 30th.  And as I heard with many first time moms - there is a good chance your baby will come late and I really didn't want to spend my big 3.0. in the hospital (although what better gift could I get than sweet Graham Graham.)

Luckily as you already know he came on the 18th and we were out of that hospital in plenty of time.

I celebrated my birthday with my parents, Jake and of course Graham and big brother Elvis.  Mom was already staying with me that week to help out and Pat came over that weekend so we could all celebrate together for dinner that night.  BUT before that - I got to get out of the house for a few hours while mom and Pat babysat and Jake and I went to my FAV little wine bar and had some MUCH needed and I think deserved vino!  Then we came home to some festive decor and ordered cheesecake factory which was so good!

Oh and of course since it was my b-day I wanted to get all cute - which proved to be harder than I anticipated seeing that absolutely nothing other than t-shirts and yoga pants fit me - entirely not appropriate for my brief stint out of the house for a mini date and wine.  (I guess that is one big lesson I learned - you don't simple bounce back to the same way you were before you got pregnant minutes after you have your little one) - call me naive but I thought it would be really fast :)  S0 mom - being the great mom she is stopped out and bought me a dress while she was running some errands.  Of course it didn't look good so she went out YET again and sent me back pics from her phone until I saw one I liked.  Here's some pics from my birthday festivities in my birthday dress (oh yeah and princess crown that she also thought was fitting - and let's be honest it kinda is right?!?! :)








1 comment:

  1. Oh Hayley...I love this post! Didn't realize your mom went shopping for your birthday dress. She's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete