Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Can We Go Home Yet???

Soo...once we knew we had a happy (I think happy but how do you really know yet) and most importantly HEALTHY boy all I could think about was get me out of this hospital!  Anyone who knows me well or actually even a little knows a hospital is not where I want to be - too much blood and germs and all that stuff to be comfortable.  Not to mention the complete lack of privacy and sleep that is pretty much inevitable with any hospital stay.  Luckily because Graham Graham decided to make his debut at 12:15 am - the doctors said if all was going well they would let me out on Tuesday.  Thank goodness because both Jake and I were ready to blow that joint...So...after a whirlwind 36 hours we were on our way.

The ride home was great.  Graham slept pretty much all the time the next week or so.  He slept through the dog barking, the doorbell, lots of visitors etc...so naturally we assumed we were the lucky ones who were blessed with one of those babies who slept through the night and never fussed...haha...yeah right.  I honestly think babies act all perfect for all parents right at the beginning and then BAM - out of no where (and to be funny I suppose) they don't sleep and all they seem to do is cry - except for when they are eating - which Graham Graham was OFTEN :)  We will get into all that later.

The first week we were home we decided to have newborn photos done - which turned out to be OH SO adorable and def. worth it but ended up being very stressful.  LUCKILY Emme was staying at the house helping out or I am not sure we would have gotten any photos!  First the photographer makes you turn your heat on - which remember this was June in Texas so it was already 100+ outside...(if this sounds strange it is because the heat makes the babies sleepy which you need to get a good shot in.)  Then we went through a series of props and positions etc. and I was only peed on twice...something that now happens so regularly it really doesn't phase me at ALL:) - BUT the pics were fantastic and I couldn't be happier.  Here are a few of my favorites.  Jake is not crazy about the silly hats but I happen to think they are the cutest!  I'm pretty sure we have the cutest most handsome baby ever...I know your thinking all parents say that about their babies...but seriously - we WIN - just love that little boy to pieces :)









No comments:

Post a Comment